SANDRA SCHMIRLER FOUNDATION
Introducing six $5000 annual scholarships for Junior curlers who are pursuing their competitive careers while maintaining their post-secondary studies.
HEC GERVAIS ACADEMIC & CURLING SCHOLARSHIP
For the purpose of athlete selection for the Hec Gervais Academic & Curling Scholarship Foundation defines elite athletes as:
"Alberta athletes whose performance standard ranks them at the international level, and athletes with national potential"
- Must have competed in Junior Men's or Women's, High School, Winter Games or Mixed competition.
- Must have illustrated above average interest, skill, dedication and sportsmanship to and promotion of curling.
- Must be a member in good standing with the applicable Governing Curling Body.
- Recipients must be actively curling the same year that they win the award.
- Must be 20 years of age or less as of December 31 in the year of application.
- Must be striving to achieve gainful life skills consistent with the sportsmanship and philosophy of the curling fraternity.
- Must be a valued, contributing member of a curling club, school and/or community.
- Attend (or have attended) a Club Coach Course (Level 1) during the upcoming season, if possible.
- Must submit the application forms no later than May 31st.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The number of awards and value of each will be determined by the Hec Gervais Academic & Curling Scholarship Foundation Board of Directors.
PAST HEC GERVAIS SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
ALBERTA ATHLETE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (AADP)
The goal of this program is to assist Alberta's top athletes with their future individual training and competition expenses by awarding funding based on individual accomplishments at the Provincial and National levels as well as those performances measured against Athletic Alberta standards. This is a performance based scholarship. Application forms must be submitted by September 30th each year.
THE MARILYN BARRACLOUGH ACF SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
ACF will be offering two annual scholarships in the amount of $1200 each.
These scholarships will be awards to students/curlers attending the second or later years of post secondary education within the boundaries of ACF. There is no age limit and applicants may only receive the scholarship once. Application forms must be submitted by September 30th each year.
- Be a member in good standing of an ACF Member Club.
- Competed in an ACF Provincial or the Provincial level of Alberta Winter Games (1999 or later).
- Competed in another Provincial (1999 or later) and completed one year of post secondary education at an Alberta university/college.
- Must be actively curling in the year they apply.
- Must have maintained a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the year prior to application.